This guide will show you how to generate API login keys for Translator HQ BigCommerce App for products and categories.
We need these API keys to access your store's back-end.
- To generate API keys, first log into your BigCommerce store. Make sure your account is registered as the store owner to proceed (You can check this in Account Settings -> Users).
- Next, click on Advanced Settings on the left-hand pane.
- Inside Advanced Settings, click on API Accounts.
- Click on the blue Create API Accounts button, and select Create V2/V3 API Token.,
- Name the API keys to TranslatorHQ-Catalog
- Scroll down and set the following permissions, then click Save.
- A window should appear with the API keys, and a text file containing the keys should start downloading. Please send the text file in an email as an attachment to email@example.com
After these API keys have been generated and sent to the THQ support email, a User account also needs to be set up. Only the store owner can set up new users, so make sure you're logged into the store owner's account.